From Guest Contributor: Elvira-Marie Mikhael
I really liked this recipe because it was easy to make and healthy too! Definitely a good option if you’re vegetarian, thinking about transitioning to a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle, or just looking to incorporate more veggies into your diet. I made these for the super bowl with some ranch dressing. The original recipe listed below makes 8 servings. I put the leftovers over some rice, seasoned chickpeas, and spinach and had that for lunch the next day.
- 1 cup white, whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup FRANK’S RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce (I imagine that you could substitute another type of hot sauce as desired/needed.)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F.
- COMBINE flour, water, salt, and garlic powder in a large bowl and stir until smooth. Add cauliflower and stir gently until florets are evenly coated with batter.
- ARRANGE cauliflower in a single layer on lightly oiled, large baking sheet (preferably nonstick). Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- COMBINE Cayenne Pepper Sauce and melted butter and pour evenly over cauliflower. Toss gently until cauliflower is evenly coated.
- BAKE 10 minutes or until cauliflower begins to crisp, rearranging florets occasionally if needed. Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing.